2004 Accord 2.0 SE whining engine noise

Hello,

My 2004 Accord 2.0 SE i-vtec has done around 90k miles.

It had a major service done recently, where they changed amongst others the air filter and the belt (serpentine? Not timing, it's chain-driven). I noticed that there is a whine with the car stationary, audible from the inside and the outside. The best I can describe it is as a vacuum-cleaner in the distance. It does not vary as I dry-steer; it's hard to tell if it follows engine-revs. It is audible with and without the A/C. When I switch off the engine it carries on a bit after the pulleys have stopped until it fades out; a second all in all?

I am not sure I can pinpoint its whereabouts exactly, but I would guess it's in the area around/inside the box behind the battery (air-filter?). If I put my ear close to that box, I can hear it pretty loud and when the engine is switched off, I can hear hissing from there (like a leaking tyre) for (say) a second; the hissing and the fade-out appear to be happening together, though I cannot say if the hissing is masked but always there when the engine is running. I don't know if the hissing is new, but I am pretty sure the whine is.

Any thoughts will be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Are you sure the whining isn't coming from your Grik wife?

Reply to
The Revd

No need for that one your Holiness. Best you repent.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Surely, you meant "your Assholeness"!

Reply to