2004 Accord 2.0 i-VTEC SE hesitation/bogging

Hi,
My 70K-mile, 2004 Accord 2.0 i-VTEC SE suffers from hesitation/bogging under load. This is most apparent uphill, in low revs, 2nd gear, esp.
with the air-con on, where the car will not respond to the accelerator pedal with any urgency at all. Eventually the revs will climb and the engine then kicks into life.
The car had its spark-plugs and air-filter changed last year/7,500 miles ago. The HT leads are not a service items as far as I can see on the service booklet.
Am I asking too much from what is a heavy car? A search on the group did not yield results for my model. I have only had it for a year, so I cannot tell if these are new symptoms.
Many thanks in advance (of its annual service on Friday :-)).
Kostas
p.s.: Not sure if it's related, but when very cold, it cangaroos when changing up to second (irrespective of A/C); I have always put it down to me and change up later. Other strange to me symptom: I can see when the A/C kicks in because the lights dim and I can sometimes feel it kick in on the accelerator pedal.
--
Emails to this address are dropped.

Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

sounds like you need to let it rev a bit more
On 15/11/2010 20:43, Mrcheerful wrote:

Thank you Mr Cheerful,
My kind of solution: cheap. :-)
Cheers,
Kostas

Agreed, also if its been habitually driven lazily its probably abit clagged up by now. Pop a bottle of injector cleaner in 1/2-2/3 a tank (i.e. stronger than destructions) and give it a good caning.
PS ensure you dont have a lazy thermostat preventing full working temp being reached.
Tim.
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:37:01 -0000, Kostas Kavoussanakis

Well it's a V-Tec, if you're changing up below 3000RPM it'll do that. They're not really designed to be lugged (from a man who whinces whilst listening to his Dad drive one that's never been over 2800RPM outside the dealers)
On 16/11/2010 20:50, Duncan Wood wrote:

Thanks for raising this point. Honda disagrees with you. The manual includes a table of recommended shift points. They only associate with road speed, so I associated with revs. I list it below, with the caveat that I may have misread the MPH @ 1KRPM on the instruments, but not by much, I don't think:
    MPH @    Shift up Gear    1KRPM    MPH        RPM 1st    6    15        2500 2nd    10    25        2500 3rd    15    40        2667 4th    19    50        2632
They also have a table that I have never understood. It goes thus:
        Cruise fm     MPH @    acceleration Gear    1KRPM    MPH         RPM 1st    6    7        1167 2nd    10    22        2200 3rd    15    33        2200 4th    19    48        2526
I do cane it when I can; it's just the way I am on the open road. I am however different in the suburban distances, where traffic lights, roundabouts and certainly roadworks, rule.
Cheers,
Kostas p.s.: Tim, thanks for the suggestion; I am not too tempted to try additives, if honest.
--

Emails to this address are dropped.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:24:45 -0000, Kostas Kavoussanakis

Ah, well the one I wince at is a CRV that tends to be in 5th by 35mph :-( But the shift points are for when you're driving it gently on the flat.