2004 Vectra DTI Club Front Electric Windows Go Down on There Own When Parked Up

2004 Vectra DTI Club Front Electric Windows Go Down on There Own When Parked Up

Hi.

I can leave my Vectra parked up with the windows up, walk away and lock it. A few times on my return both front electric windows can be down a couple of inches. It has only happened a couple of times and I thought wierd but now the problem is getting worse.

I haven't used my car for a couple of days, parked on the driveway, both my self and my wife have walked past it several times. But we were woken up this morning by the neighbour own had noticed on a rainy day that both my front windows were fully down.

Apart from the car getting wet, this is bad for security!

Any ideas why, this occurs would be appreciated.

The car is under warranty but wondered if there was an easy fix without taking it to the dealer and them thinking I am barking mad!! Or attepting to charge me for something that is not covered by warranty.

Reply to
king_of_the_elves
[snip]

Take it to the dealer then. It's a warranty job.

The Vectra has a sensor to shut the windows when it rains and you leave 'em open... it may or may not be easy to fix, but the car's under warranty.

Reply to
DervMan

But it surely it's not this sensor that's faulty, if the windows are already up? It's not going to actually reverse the motor even if sensor was faulty...?

Couldn't it be something to do with the actual motor itself?

Reply to
David R

How far down do they go?

IIRC Vectras also have a sensor to back the windows off if they get anything trapped in them while winding up. Could that be going wrong?

(Remindsme of an amusing story about an ex-salesman mate who was showing a customer while driving along - but unfortunately the car he was in didn't have that option - leaving him driving along with his left hand stuck (painfully) in the drivers window....)

Reply to
PC Paul

Originally they driver and passengers front windows came down a couple of inches.

On the morning when I was woke up by my neighbour, the windows were fully down.

I guess I am going to have to book it into the dealers, to find out which sensor is going mad.

Might seem dum but what does IIRC stand for?

Thanks for all responses so far!!

Reply to
king_of_the_elves
[...]

IIRC it stands for "If I recall correctly"! ;-)

Have a look here:

HTH

Chris

Reply to