97 max, windows go down, ignition off, anyone, very strange

1997 Maxima SE 5sp. My two front electric windows went down, uncommanded when the key was out of the ignition. Twice>

A month ago, I pulled out of the driveway and park on my street. All day I'm outside and seeing my car. When I went to get the car later in the day, both front windows were down all the way. ...??... I thought it very strange, and I knew for sure I did not put the windows down that morning and usually never would. I was stunned,. I thought somone got in my car or something. I have a remote but only for doors and trunk. ANd plus, my windows don't work untill the ignition is on, not on accessory alone.

Just tonight, i get out of the car to park for the night, and lean in to put seomthing in the console. As I am closing the console/arm lid, my front window goes down about a 1/3 of the way. ...What the?? keys were in my hand. (A bit sqeezed). And it turns out that both front windows went down the same amount.

This is strange, I thought maybe some key sequence on the remote caused it, but I could not simulate.

Has anyone expeirenced anything like this??

Maybe its the area I live in, maybe somone has a crazy signal going on. I wonder if I have to worry everywheer I go that my windows go down when I'm not there, and bam! no more nice maxima.

WHat ya think?

thanks

--SW

Reply to
St.Stephen

Holding down the unlock button doesn't do it? It does on my '95 SE.

Reply to
David

Sounds like aftermarket electronics/wiring that was added. That's where I would start if I was working on it.

Reply to
Steve

try taking the battery out of the remote for a few days/weeks and see if the symptom happens again, you may have a faulty remote

Reply to
NissTech

That is normal if the car came with keyless entry, if the unlock button is being pushed on the fob. I've had it happen by accident.

Yea it is possible another vehicle's remote is causing it by throwing the same code. You could try resetting the remote(s) if you think the button's not being pushed...it wont hurt to try.

dave stone

It should mention this in you car manual. It's happened to me by accident too.

On newer cars, at least some brands, all 4 windows go down, not just the front 2.

JM

Reply to
JM

Did you read the owners manual?

Standard procedure, push and hold the unlock button and both front windows go down. It's a summer time cooler, so that when you start across the parking lot, by the time you get to the car, the breeze has cooled it.

I have on occasion also pressed the button with junk in my pocket and the windows go down.

rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

TO ALL that responded: Thanks. I thought I read everything in the ownner's man. and I didn't go back to it and re-check. I just looked at it now and tried it again, annd presto, the owner's manual says it and it works great. TO bad I acn't use now casue it cold here in NJ.

But thanks again all,

Mystery solved>

SW

Reply to