mk1 miata light pop up on there own even when car not in use ..HELP HELP

PLEASE HELP MY MK1 MIATA HEADLIGHTS ARE POPING UP ON THERE OWN ..EVEN WHEN CAR NOT IN USE SOMETIMES LEFT SOMETIMES RIGH EVERY NOW AND THEN BOTH..HAVE BOUGHT A NEW RELAY BUT NO CHANGE AND NOW BATTERY HAS TO BE CHARGED EVERY DAY AS SOMETHING IS CAUSING IT TO RUN FLAT STRAIGHT AWAY. I THINK THERE RELATED .EXAMPLE WHEN I CHARGED MY CAR THIS MORNING TO 2 HOURS TO CHARGE ,STARTED CAR,LEFT RUNNING FOR 5 MINITES. TURNED IGNITION OF LEFT FOR 20 MIN, TRIED TO START CAR AGAIN WOOD NOT START BAT DRAINING ALLREADY ...HAVE I GOT WIREING FAULT ?? OR SHORT ? BAT DAMAGED ?? PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP AS AM AT THE END OF MY TEATHER.. THANKS

Reply to
robsagibbon

First, relax and take off the darn caps lock - we can't hear you over the shouting.

Pulling the 30amp fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment will disable the headlight motors. That will stop them from popping up and draining your battery.

I would suspect you have a short in one of the headlight retractor motors or the connectors. Also check for worn wires around the headlight cowlings. Pull the wire connectors apart and make sure all the little tabs are still in place. Try pulling the fuse, disconnecting one motor, re-installing the fuse and turning on the headlights (or push the button on the dash to cycle the motors) to isolate the problem.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva