214 bonnet reelase

Just bought a 97 214 SI. The pull switch inside works ok but I can't find a way to release the bonnet. I'm finding a hole in the central position under the bonnet but can't move anything.

Has something broken off?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
davao

Is the bonnet lifting at all ? You should be able to get your fingers under the front edge. If not either the cable is broken of the catch is faulty.

If it is lifting, there is a safety catch, just to the right of central badge, that you have to get your finger under, and lift up.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

It's quite a way up with the fancy grille.

Reply to
gazzafield

Cheers, Andy. Was able to look at it in daylight and saw the 'trick'.

Everything is ok now.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to