3 or 4 year MOTs?

[...]

Are you implying that in Denmark the first test is after three years, and then at three-yearly intervals? If so, that would contravene the EU directive 96/96/EC, which specifies a maximum of four years to the first test, then retests at a maximum interval of two years.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Yes you are right, it has been changed in Denmark to two years. Although to every 8 years for veteran vehicles.

Reply to
johannes

Honda Civic Type S and R have lift off over-steer too. Most small FWD hatchbacks have it engineered in or out depending on how exciting the car maker wants the car to be.

Cars with large weight bias suffer more - Front engine FWD and Rear engine RWD. Taller and shorter cars are also more susceptible as there is a larger change in the front / rear axle loads during lift off.

Peter Hill

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:57:18 +0000, John Williamson stammered:

Learn to drive then, f****it.

Reply to
Mike P

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:47:44 +0000, Peter Hill stammered:

I had a Type-R. Yes, You are correct. One had to be driving like an utter tit to provoke it, given the amount of grip the car had.

My Ford Puma was the same.

I think I'm about to buy another Type-R..

Reply to
Mike P

Substitute "tried to swap ends" for "swapped ends". A typo, because I was tired.

It happened at less than twenty miles per hour in the rush hour in Richmond park. The same car that I'd done the same job in every day for the previous week with no problems. Change tyres to new cheapies, and the back tried to overtake the front. We put Michelins back on, and there was no problem.

Reply to
John Williamson

In message , Steve Firth writes

Interestingly, (or not), when my tyres were obviously wearing more at the edges, I increased the pressure from 31 to 35 PSI at a suggestion from the cheerful chap. Apart from a harder ride I noticed a sharply increased tendency to tramline. I'll mention Mondeo/Pirelli P6000s to give the less cheerful types an excuse to blame the tyre choice.

Reply to
Gordon H

Ditto BMWs. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:50:14 +0000, John Williamson stammered:

See above.

Reply to
Mike P