306 1.9 snd diag light ?

can some one confirm if the car in the subject is supposed to have a diagnostic light on the dash ( the picture of an engine with a K )

I only ask because i recently took my instrument panel out to change some bulbs and notcied that there was no bulb in this postition, however I could see from the marks on the pcb that there had once been one fitted ?Has someone removed it , or could it have been removed at the factory I wander ? the manual does not specify, it only says that there is a problem with the injection system if it comes on. Do the diesel engines have much in the way of computer control? they seem pretty basic to me.

Simon

Reply to
SimonP

If your 306 is an ordinary 1.9D there is very little electric trickery involved. My mother has an R reg (phase 2) 1.9D 306 and no such light illuminates in the self check when you turn the iginition on as you might expect if there was a bulb in it or it was important. (c:

The 1.9Ds are very basic by today's standards. The last ones have EGR and catalytic convertors. And umm, electric cooling fans (which I have never managed to get to operate) and thats about it as far as the modern technology goes.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Thanks for that, I guess I'll have to check to see if I have a cat. ( hope not!)

My fans have not come on yet either, I had the shock of my life when I first got the car, I was convinced someone had nicked them, until i realised they were on the *front* or the radiator !

Simon

Reply to
SimonP