Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing Citroen roof bars.
Went to remove them and found they are secured by pentagonal drive 'Allen' type socket screws so I'll have to buy one. Possibly from Citroen dealer, but is there a special name for this type of key,...
21
21

Fiat Croma
Looking / considering the Fiat Croma 2.4 diesel. (2005) Anyone had / got one, and any opinions?? Took it for a test drive and it was a good a drive - if not better than any Vauxhall / Toyota / Ford...
25
25

Cinqeucento Fuel Injector Warning Light
L reg, 74k miles & son's 1st car bought 2 wks ago from someone we know with full MOT (car not seller) with advisory on a bandaged centre section of the exhaust (we knew about this before the guy had...
16
16

Corsa B emission warning light
I have a corsa b R reg and the emission warning light has come on, at the mot about 1 month ago we were told the exhaust will need changing before the next mot, could this be the reason or is it...
6
6

Access Denied
Ford Focus Ghia 1.8 2000/W Is this a fault, or a moronically stupid design by Ford? My Focus was seriously iced up this morning, so I decided to run it for a few minutes before going to work. I left...
18
18

Auto box and brake servo woes
2.0 VVTi Toyota Avensis Estate 51 plate (Nov 2001) with 81,285 on the clock Firstly, when I put my foot on the brake pedal I can hear a hissing sound. I'm told that this is a problem with the brake...
7
7

Stiffed for road tax :-(
A couple of weeks ago I acquired a VW camper from a motor dealer (via Ebay, but with a dealer's receipt), with six months (ish) tax & test. All in good faith. Yesterday the V5 arrived, followed today...
23
23

Stupid HG question
For the last couple of weekends I've been doing a HG and valve stem seal change on my Punto. In my defence for this stupid question is it was f**kin' freezing, blowing a gale and lashing down (or...
14
14

Was: Leaking fuel cutoff valve (but isn't).
Hi all, I got a chance to have a look for the diesel leak on my 1900 Pug lump (in a Rover 218SD) in the daylight today and it looks like I was close re the leak area but not the actual point (not bad...
13
13

Mazda not firing
As posted in but guessing this is a better group for it..... Mazda MX6 / 1994 / 2.5 V6 Car started , ran for a few seconds and then conked out, won't re start. Fuel is getting to the plugs. If I run...
5
5

Heater blower won't work Citroen Saxo- solution
Thought I'd post this in case anyone searches usenet. The blower is in a circuit from the alternator via the ignition switch. It will only work when the ignition is on And the engine is running. This...
5
5

Pug 406 keys
Ok I've lost my spare, I think it was in the jacket that vanished out of the back when I drove home with the tailgate partly open (carrying a bed if you must know). Anyway SWMBO takes the remaining...
15
15

Merc instruments replacement
All, perhaps someone might know the best way to get the LED instrument pack on a 2000 Merc C-Class fixed or replaced, preferably whilst I wait? The LED info for odo, gear, clock etc. have degenrated...
1
1

Flashing glow plug warning light - Kia Sedona
Just started as I neared home today. I'd just driven 65 miles and it was fine but now the lights flashing. Any ideas? Read somewhere that it might be the glow plug heater wire? I'm just concerned its...
3
3

Really Need Your Help
I'm Gareth. I live in the UK & I'm married with two boys aged 4 & 6. I've just found out that my wife has been defrauding the company she works for, has lost her job and criminal proceedings will be...
5
5