Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Uneven Brakes
Tyre pressures are checked pretty regularly, so I don't think it's that. All 4 tyres are the same. Will an MOT station be able to check the brakes?
13
13

Squeeky Sound
I have a Small Toyota Car. When I drive the car for a while and stop at a red light and start to run again I hear a little squeeky sound as soon as I speed up it goes away. It is still really small...
3
3

Re: Running an engine with no air filter
In the short term you might notice a bit of extra power, depending on whether it's a carb or FI. You might also notice a bit of extra induction noise. In the longer term your engine would wear out a...
3
3

Re: Car refusing to start
Change the fuel filter. Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines ( "How's life Norm?" "Not for the squeamish, Coach" (Cheers, 1982) Puma Racing - Power For Your Control

Re: Mondeo lumpy running then popped fuse
You guys are an education! Thanks for the replies - and be aware you've used a few more of my ever decreasing neurons to store that useful knowledge. :) Tony

Re: Rover 214 Oil in Coolant Tank!!
Isn't there an inlet manifold gasket that goes first on these?, either a gasket or O ring, distributor end of the engine? Whatever, get it checked as it isn't going to do the longevity of the engine...
2
2

subaru sti import v4
well my mech fitted the new thermostat and I got a new header tank cap!. but I went for a drive a few days later after I checked the coolant level, and it was still pushing the new coolant out of the...

Re: Brake pedel vibrating
Solution use a torque wrench Bill

Mondeo air Bag
I have a 97 Mondeo and the air bag light has been flashing on and off. I had this before and it disappears after a couple of weeks. Any ideas? I spoke to a local garage but they said they did not look...
3
3

Boot tidy
Looking for a boot tidy for the car, to store essentials (first aid kit, a few hand tools, maps, de-icer, scraper, etc) - anyone recommend a good one. I've seen the one in Argos but not sure of any...
8
8

Re: Fiat Fire 1108
I'm assuming you mean the engine alone...... That engine was used in the Cinq. / Sei / Punto so should be easy enough to find in a breaker's. Failing that, if you find a 1.2 8v version, then it can be...

Fault code readers
Does anybody here know of an affordable fault code reader which would read fault codes from a 2001 Astra diesel? I've done a search on the net but only seem to find professional tools which are too...
3
3

Castrol SLX 0W/30
OK guys, where can I get it cheap???? Dealer charges £9+Vat/litre, Hellfrauds is £34.99 / 4l.
1
1

Re: Help: Car refusing to start
On what basis would you assume that? and eventually would stop. The electronic Then clearly it wasn't the fuel pump in the first place. If you won't post any symptoms then no. Dave Baker - Puma Race...

Re: Microscan AN700
Alarms are pretty pointless as no-one takes any notice. A descent factory fitted imobiliser is all you need. If you're really paranoid then get a disk lock for the steering wheel. The Dervboy
5
5