Corsa B emission warning light

I have a corsa b R reg and the emission warning light has come on, at the mot about 1 month ago we were told the exhaust will need changing before the next mot, could this be the reason or is it likely to be just the sensor?

If it were the sensor is it urgent and is it expensive to replace?

Thanks

Reply to
gm4jnw

it is impossible to say without reading the codes, a common fault on these is the egr valve , they can be cleaned with little difficulty.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

How do I read the codes, do I have to take it into a vaux dealer, the only thing I see is the emission warning light on?

Is cleaning the egr valve difficult, or is it something I can do my self, if so where is it located

Sorry to be a bit dim, only do minor repairs

Reply to
gm4jnw

your best bet is to have the codes read by someone with a 'tech2' reader, an independent will charge about 25 quid, it will be worth it to know what is really wrong rather than guesswork.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Same thing happened to me last month with a Mk4 Astra, the code reading (£30 at an independent garage) pointed to a faulty EGR valve. The total cost for replacement was £180. It's important to have the fault codes read.

Steven Thompson

Reply to
Steven Thompson

Thanks, tis strange but after a couple of days its now gone off, wonder if something was disturbed when the MOT was done. I was just going to book it in as well - fate is on my side for once!!!!!!

Reply to
gm4jnw

Thanks, tis strange but after a couple of days its now gone off, wonder if something was disturbed when the MOT was done. I was just going to book it in as well - fate is on my side for once!!!!!!

I have seen the egr valve get a bit of coke stuck in it, it can also just fall out again !!

Reply to
Mrcheerful