59 Mark 1 Sprite (Bubgeye in States) Springs

Hi All, this is for a mate in California. He has a 59 Bugeye Sprite. The suspension in the rear bottoms out with more than one person in the car, I think he's had shims put in etc etc on quarter-elliptical leaf springs. Any ideas on a fix, he cant find new springs apparently.

ta

J A Sims

You want uk.rec.cars.classic, which is over there -->

That said, I'd be surprised if you wouldn't be able to find springs over here. Why not ship a set over?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

& they're not hideously expensiveto get made up as customs.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Re-setting leaf springs is the sort of thing any blacksmith used to do. They don't have to be replaced. So ask a 'horsey' pal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks Dave, lots of horses in California, this might work out.

J A Sims

Hi

get your mate to contact

Mr T Cowan Toy Shop Restorations P.O. Box 1965 Bonita, CA 91908-1965

Also worth checking that the spring mounts have not corroded (even in CA this can happen)

ttfn.....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross