A/C Regas - urgent!

Hi

I have a guy coming at 1pm today to look at my air-con. He said on the phone that he will check for leaks "normally" and re-gas for £65. However, I can have the system checked and filled with nitrogen (or something like that) for an extra £25 - what should I do?

Thanks Oli

Reply to
Oli

Sounds like the nitrogen is to do a pressure leak test of the system. Fill it with a gas under pressure, and if the pressure reduces over time, the system is elaking sort of thing. Any leaks would then be fixed, the nitrogen flushed out and the system regassed.

Up to you if you want to have a leak test, but it might be sensible if the system lost it's gas suddenly.

Reply to
Rob

It's seems a reasonable figure. Last year I had a complete regas,lube and leak check for 85gbp. There are places offering regassing for around £45

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc