A class

girlfriend, just bought a 1 year old a class - anything to look out for - only done 5000

Reply to
Coach

If it's only done 5000 miles then it could well have spent half the year in an accident repair centre, so look for signs of respray, none merc replacement items etc... - Is it main dealer approved?

Overall I believe they are fairly reliable, next door neighbour has a 1.4 long wheelbase model, only problems to date are the plastic sill covers falling off....

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

cheers buddy!!!

Reply to
Coach

yes approved, also spoke to last owner

Reply to
Coach

Oxymoron...

Ford KA owners appreciate the heated rear windows...

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Heh. There's more room in the A-Class and you can try pointing the badge at people and getting them to move. Most are substancially quicker than the Ka too. But show them a corner and, well, heh, bye bye A-Class.

Depreciation may be an issue with the new one right out.

Reply to
DervMan

The cost of servicing at a Merc dealer will be one to "save" for!!

Reply to
Steve

Her sitting too close to the steering wheel and driving like a div in supermarket carparks?

Reply to
doki

My IT technician tells me that suspension bushes wear quickly - he's had his done twice, the first time Merc paid even though it was just out of warranty. He doesn't do a huge mileage; he walks to work most days...

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I don't like either cars.

I have a c2 and fabia. happy with both. its all personal choice in this respect.

--

Reply to
Neil

yep since if you want to keep its resale value you will be servicing at a Merc agent you will find out what the expression "Charges like a wounded Buffalo" means when you take it in for service Derek

Reply to
Derek

"Paul Cummins" wrote in a message:

just for a minute I thought you were going to resurrect the Skoda joke about the purpose of the HRW is so Skoda drivers can warm their hands while pushing the car Derek

Reply to
Derek

What a curious world you live in.

We've just taken our Ka to and from Italy. He'll reach 70,000 next weekend.

Reply to
DervMan

The only reason ford called it KA is because if they had called it CAR, trading standards would have prosecuted.

A friend bought one, despite my advice. It fell to bits, despite servicing, after 75,000 miles.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

I suspect it was dodgy advice or work then and not the Ka itself. I know of many Kas with significantly higher mileages than 75,000.

Not only that but you can't claim that all the eggs are rotten because one broke...

Reply to
DervMan

[...]

I don't like the style of the car. That's a bad start.

Reply to
Johannes

The ability to look beyond the appearance of something is kinda critical to forming and working through life.

In any event, Ford succeeded in creating something that's memorable. Most people either love it or hate it when it comes to the Ka's styling. Either way you recognise it once you know what it is.

The Sierra had the same impact when it was released in 1983.

Reply to
DervMan

Ahhh yeas, the JellyMold - Rep-Rocket.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Aye! I remember reading all about its class leading Cd of 0.34 and comparing that with the mark two Fiesta's 0.40, thinking, "woooooo."

I was eight. :-)

Mind you, put a Sierra silouette up against the first generation Laguna...

Reply to
DervMan

Interestingly I remember reading Audi 100 adverts talking about their Cd of

0.30 IIRC. That was while Ford were still making Cortinas...

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George