a little knowledge is dangerous !

had a customer come in today in a panic, they had mistaken their brake fluid reservoir for the screen washer bottle and promptly filled it with neat screen wash !!!!

Reply to
reg

Same recently with a power steering topped up with screen wash.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Did they *drive* in ?...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I had a chap who bougth in a Citroen BX (on a low loader)

His hydraulic reservoir had a mix of water and LHM in it !!

He told me "it was low on fluid, my mate said that as it was a mineral system, you can put mineral water in it" So he goes down the shop, buys a bottle of perrier, then pours it in.

That was the most expensive bottle of perrier that he bought.

Regards. Slim.

Reply to
martin.taz

oh yes & all weekend, they ended up with a complete brake fluid change, short term no apparant damage, but long term ? who knows, i should'nt imagine any problems occuring though.

Reply to
reg

( snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not as bad as the numpty who topped up the brakes on my mother's Xantia with brake fluid.

At a Citroen dealer. At the car's first service from new.

Reply to
Adrian

reg ( snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.fsten.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Could be worse. They could have put the brake fluid in the screen wash...

Reply to
Adrian

The message from snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net contains these words:

Perhaps a little benzene is good for 'em!

Reply to
Guy King

That is one very expensive garage mistake, for the garage that is.

Out of curiosity, what was the response of the garage and the recompense involved?

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Paul Hubbard ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yup.

The car went away on a flatbed, and came back a week later, fixed, without any invoice. A loan car was provided.

That dealer was never visited again.

Reply to
Adrian

Probably wouldn't have got into the actual braking circuits without substantial pad wear first.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Oh, I don't know. I heard two-tone paint might be coming back in soon.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable