ABS Light

I had my front brake pads and rear shoes replaced on Friday. This afternoon, whilst driving along at 70mph, my ABS light came on and stayed on. I pulled up at some traffic lights and turned my engine off, waited a few seconds and then re-started the engine. The dashboard lights all went off one by one, including the ABS light. I got home about 15 minutes later, and it didn't come on again - should I be worried?

Reply to
Neaco

No. Worry about such a thing will send you to an early grave. Even if the light does come on again it only means that the abs is dysfunctional, not that your brakes have failed. I have yet to see a system where the brakes did not work perfectly even when the abs had gone AWOL.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Brake pads should have no effect on the ABS light (which in any case only indicates that the ABS system has shut itself down - normal braking will be fine). I'd guess you've got a wheel sensor going or gone faulty; they tend to play up when it is or has been damp.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Maybe the wire to one of the sensors was dislodged when the work was done?

Reply to
R. Murphy