Expansion of brass and aluminium

I need to drill and tap for a brass insert into aluminium. Can anybody tell me which expands more - brass or aluminium?

Tia,

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Google is your friend (well in this case Yahoo but you know what I mean)

0.02mm/m/K for brass 0.185mm/m/K for ally.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Also sprach "Cicero" :-

Ain't you got google?

Guy King

Thanks both for replies. I have got 'Google' but couldn't find an answer because I couldn't think of an appropriate search word / phrase.

What Google entry did you use to find these pages?

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Also sprach "Cicero" :-

"Coefficient of expansion" aluminum brass

Note the American spelling.

Reply to
Guy King

expansion coefficient of brass

without quotes too.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Of course that should be the other way round. Just testing, harumph.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

"Thanks again, both. It's a long, long time since I did "O" levels.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero