After market cruise control?

I think someone posted a link for an aftermarket cruise control here recently. I've tried googling for it but I'm obviously a bit dim today. Obviously there are plenty of compnaies doing them but this particular compnay seemd much more reasonble cost-wise than most.

Ring any bells?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

150 -200 quid from these:
Mrcheerful

Thanks but not that one. The only thing I can remember from the old = link that it was about =A3150 - =A3175 for an Audi A3 (inc. fitting).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Mrcheerful

Thanks but not that one. The only thing I can remember from the old link that it was about £150 - £175 for an Audi A3 (inc. fitting).

If it is an A3 you have, buy a 'stalk' with the controls on from a breaker, then simply replace the existing 'stalk' and plug it into the existing mating socket in the loom (it _will_ be there). Then it's a case of finding someone with VAG-COM to activate it by the OBD2 interface. Alternatively a dealer can do this with their software.

JB

Reply to
JB

^^^ What he said. Ask on a VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda forum. It's doable on most.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Thanks but not that one. The only thing I can remember from the old link that it was about £150 - £175 for an Audi A3 (inc. fitting).

Tim

Which should be almost identical to the mk4 golf set up. I'd check with the VW dealer local to you for the kit as it can be retro fitted in about 2-3 hours I've head, and also there are kits on ebay if memory serves me right. I got a kit from ebay I cannot remember the cost but my friend fitted it in a few hours and enabled it with vag-com and works great.

Reply to
Pete

Alternatively a

Thanks, but I'm a bot confused.

There are ebay sellers selling just the stalk but state that it's not = suitable as a retro-fit cruise control.=20

Like this: =

Then there are other sellers who sell a full retro-fit kit.

Is it just down to vehicle age? I'm guessing that new cars only need = the stalk but it would be nice to know what the important date is.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

as a retro-fit cruise control.

stalk but it would be nice to know what the important date is.

I think it depends on what Convenience ECU you have fitted. Try asking on

or contact this chap.

I know he's talking about Skodas, but the A3 will be practically identical.

Some cars may need a cable fitting as well, but I can't remember the details.

Reply to
Chris Bartram