Alfa 146 sump

Turns out the dodgy running is the least of my problems. Went under it tonight and found that the sump is leaking! Only slightly, in fact I can't even see the split (it's round the back of a stud) but leaking it is. I do remember hitting a speed bump rather hard at the weekend.

Anybody know how big a job this is? Obviously I'll be ringing for quotes in the morning but is it a feasibly a DIY job?

Reply to
Mike Lindsay

besides the sump, the impact could have knackered the engine/gearbox/exhaust mount points

your $$$ car is fully insured though right?

Reply to
beerismygas

Think the damage it limited to just the sump. Yes It's insured. You can't claim for grounding it on speed bump though can you?

Reply to
Mike Lindsay

It's the same as hitting any other obstacle, probably not economic though.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. But with the excess being around the same as a replacement sump, you're right about it not being worth it.

Reply to
Delgardo