Any "gotchas" with Legacies?

Need to replace the family estate (deer jumped on to bonnet), have seen a couple of Legacies advertised at around 100k miles. Don't do a lot of miles so not too worried about fuel consumption. Any opinions (or recommended forums?)

TIA

Reply to
newshound

They really do drink the fuel, but I've not heard any other grief if it's not been boy racered. (The farmers round here used to like them)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The three litre flat / boxer 6 is known to burn oil due to short piston skirts accelerating bore ovality.

HTH

David

Reply to
David

Thanks, both, for the comments; fuel consumption probably explains the reasonable prices. I shall continue to ponder.....

Steve

Reply to
newshound

a neighbour has a grey import impreza estate, seems like a great little car, he gets about 25 or more to the gallon, which seems good to me. it is a 97 and cost him about 3k about 4 years ago, he has not had any real problems with it in that time. If I was to buy one I would want one that was as standard as possible and get a good inspection done before purchase.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I had a WRX Impreza & I hammered the thing to death, never had one single issue in 60k, brilliant cars, but thirsty.

Reply to
Nige

Thanks, yes I would be wary of grey imports too. Saw quite a few Pajeros etc when looking for my last tow vehicle but a lot of insurers wouldn't look at them at all. No urgency as the bent astra is still running.

Reply to
newshound