any offers on car oil going around?

Hi all

Is Halfrauds etc doing any deals on oil? because oil be damned if i paying full price :-)

For a mid 90's petrol Bimmer ta muchly

Reply to
Jules

I'm not sure about deals on oil as such, but I had an oil change done at National Tyres today on the Zetec. QXL 5w30 and new oil filter for =A326. They flushed the engine before changing the oil as well - brought the price up to =A332 all in. I'd be hard pressed to do the oil change myself for that, with the more expensive Ford spec oil.

EvB

Reply to
EvB

You be "hard-pressed" to do an oil-change on a Ford for less than £32 ? Try your local motor factors, in-spec semi-synth is £14 and a filter less than £4 from my local.

OK it may be less hassle going to NT, but don't try kidding yourself it's the same cost as DIY ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Add in the cost of laundering your clothes after the oil has run down your sleeve, and the cost of the trip to the tip to dispose of the old oil, and it begins to make more sense though!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The message from EvB contains these words:

National Tryers have a printable discount voucher on their wibble which allegedly lets you have an oil and filter change using cheap oil for £15. Except of course they don't have that oil in stock.

"We can do the £20 service, sir" "No, just book me in for when you have the correct oil, please", which turned out to be today. I wasn't at all surprised when they rang me yesterday and told me that unaccountably the oil hadn't arrived "But we can do the £20 service, sir".

Has anyone anywhere managed to get the £15 service? Their head office has remained stony-silent on the matter.

It's a 200,000 mile Mondeo, and I don't feel inclined to put fancy oil in it!

Reply to
Guy King

Empty it down the drain like everyone else does

Reply to
Zippadeedoodah

Why not? Decent mile might well take it to 300,000 miles

Reply to
Zippadeedoodah

Nope, I mix mine 50/50 with creosote and paint the fence and shed with it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The message from Zippadeedoodah contains these words:

There's plenty of other bits that'll die long before that!

Reply to
Guy King