PowerBuilt Tools

Hi guys, we've just brought on a new range of tools from PowerBuilt and I'm trying to gauge the general awareness of the brand and general comments on the tools. The Brand is well established in New Zealand, Australia and the USA but only just coming into Europe & the UK. The tools are marketed as Snap-On quality with a lifetime guarantee but at a fraction of the cost.

Details of the tools can be seen at

or on our site if people are happy for me to post a link to our site here?

Many thanks

Tom

Reply to
Classic-Car-World Ltd

Spamming-Spam-Spam Ltd ( snipped-for-privacy@spamming-spam-spam.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Thank you for the warning.

At least we now know what brand of tools to boycott on the basis that they're imported by a spamming idiot.

Reply to
Adrian

Bet you take a look though ! ;-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Thank you Adrian for your kind comments.

Perhaps I shouldn't have wasted the bandwidth on asking the question!

Reply to
Classic-Car-World Ltd

I'd suggest you read the website you're promoting. One year warranty. If you can sift through the gibberish.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You got that right.

Reply to
BigToe

Nor should you have contravened the group charter by doing so:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The message from "Classic-Car-World Ltd" contains these words:

Well, we know it's sold by spammers and are now aware of what to avoid.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Andy Cap contains these words:

I'm made of sterner stuff.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Classic-Car-World Ltd" contains these words:

This isn't a spammer reforming before our eyes, is it?

Reply to
Guy King

This is exactly why I asked the general question and did not post a commercial link to our website. The purpose was to understand if anyone had come across the brand and what their experiences of it were. Simply that and nothing more but it seems it has been taken totally out of context.

The group charter allows: "Questions and topics are expected to include the repair and maintenance of cars, as well as more general technical knowledge and experiences"

The link to the Powerbuilt website was not an offer or promotion of the tools in any way but provided merely as a reference only. You can not buy directly from PowerBuilt and I did say I could provide a link to our site if people permitted it. Clearly it isn't.

I would not liked to have seen the responses if I had posted a link to our site following the initial response so far!!

In the spirit of the posting I believe I was within the guidelines of the charter.

Tom

Reply to
Classic-Car-World Ltd

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

OK, you've persuaded me, I'll go have a read...

"All products are manufactured from CRV [1]" - including the tool chests?

I'd never use the contact form because it has an obligatory phone field. Why on earth would I want to give my phone number just to find out where my nearest dealer is?

The "power sets" page has no descriptions, just pictures. If you're looking for something you have to click on your best guess. Anyway, what on earth is a "Power set"? At first guess I was expecting a generator set.

Most of all, it doesn't appear to offer anything that isn't offered by people already in the market.

What on earth is the "News" page for? Do you really think anyone's going to be interested in your firm having exhibited at a German trade show?

[1] That's CrV if you're really picky.
Reply to
Guy King

Cross your heart and hope to die !!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

It certainly does. So what?

What, the same charter that says:

"Articles of a direct and commercial nature, which includes postings offering commercial products or services, or those containing self-promotion material, are also UNWELCOME."

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It does, but at what time did I offer any commercial products or services or any self-promoting material? I asked a question on peoples knowledge & experiences and offered a link as reference. I purposely excluded our own link because it would have been seen as a promotion of products.

Tom

Reply to
Classic-Car-World Ltd

There's a well known saying, which you might do well to consider : "When in a hole, stop digging".

Unintentionally or not, you cocked up. Rather than trying to argue your way out of it, which will merely irritate people, best to accept it and move on.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

If you'd just asked who had heard of the name, you *might* have got away with it. By saying you were an importer (or going to be, I can't be arsed to re-read it) you turned it into a self promoting post.

When will you spammers* ever realise that the *only* way to get anybody from a group like this interested in your product is to take an active part in the group over a long period, and maybe have a small single line .sig with a link to your site. Maybe a discount for group members too.

But basically, this sort of group is a community. We've got know-it-alls, grumpy old men, holier-than-thou's and all the other personality types. You just walked into their local pub and slapped a leaflet down on every table. And you're surprised you got shown the door?

Come in, join in, chat a while, make some friends and *then* drop into the conversation that you sell stuff. There are commercial people here, they just don't shove it in your face. Deals have been and no doubt will carry on being done. But you wouldn't know that as you've never been here before and after a quick burst of spamvertising no doubt you'd never be seen again.

'Clear off back round your own end' as my Dear Mother used to screech.

*(Yes I know you don't consider yourself a spammer. Think about it. Everybody else thinks you are.)
Reply to
PC Paul

The message from "Clive George" contains these words:

D'yer know, after all these years British Gas have yet to learn that one.

Reply to
Guy King

So just like a cold caller, etc, - they're *never* selling anything but conducting a survey. As if.

If you have any experience of newsgroups you'd know to expect the response you'd get with this sort of post.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Paul, thank you for taking the time to write the only sensible comments I have seen so far. I tried to stay within the rules and it was a genuine question but it seems others have different opinions which I respect.

Kindest regards

Tom

Reply to
Classic-Car-World Ltd