Anyone EVER seen a public "car" wash for a van?

I wish I could find a garage "car" wash for my hightop van. Surely there must be a market for a wash that can take large vans. Its nearly impossible for me to clean the roof of my van as its 8.5ft high (VW LT35). If anyone has ever seen a public "Car" wash that takes large vehicles anywhere inside the M25, please let me know.

Regards Bucket

Reply to
Bucket

Look for washes for lorries. Some truckstops have them.

There's one in Hull that can do everything from a van to a 53ft long,

15ft 9 inch high artic. It ain't cheap though.
Reply to
Conor

Bucket ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Adrian

No matter how much it is it's gonna hit him for a shedload of diesel getting to it from inside the M25,

It is huge though - kind of want to take my A class through for the sake of pure irony (and some comedy video footage)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Only appropriate if he has correct training and is accompanied by a competent person while in use. And then only after the correct risk assesments have been made and a method statement agreed between the washer and the assistant.

Appropriate indemnity should be sought and an exclusion zone should be clearly identified to protect the public.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Am too top heavy and old for one of those, trying to stretch over the roof and the ladder falling away from under me. Considered a oil barrel to stand on, but lots of hassle shifting it every few feet.

So many dirty white vans out there. Must be a market for a big "car" wash to accommodate them.

Bucket

Reply to
Bucket

Years ago I used to drive a luton van, and I used to take it to the local bus station for it's wash. A bit on the pricey side IIRC, but I wasn't paying so I didn't care.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

================= Council depots often have such a facility for their own vehicles. It might be worth asking your local depot if they offer a service to the public.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Pressure washer + wand?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

You could make friends with the stationmaster here in Portsmouth at Fratton Station - if you remove your van's tyres and just drive through on the rims your van should go through the train wash. Set the points right and you'll be able to get back to London Waterloo on the railway lines too! (Look out for the delays, though)

Artie

Reply to
Arturo Ui

bus wash last time I used one we used to charge £10 per wash, with a time limit, ended up getting people to pay twice as the coachdrivers didn't want to wash half the coach :)

Reply to
dojj

truck world, west thurrock, m25 j30/31 and follow the signs

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for that. I often pass that way, so will give it a go.

Cheers for all the other suggestions too. Next time I'm passing a truck stop in the car, I'll have a look to see if they have a lorry wash.

Cheers Bucket

Reply to
Bucket

If it's *that* tall, does it matter if the top's dirty? The only people who can see it will be on the 2nd floor of buildings.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

What I can never work out is why all the Leconfield brigade are there. They have their own vehicle washes.

Reply to
Conor

One of a kind van driver :)

Reply to
Krycek

Tired of people writing 'I wish my wife was this dirty' on the back ;-)

Reply to
PC Paul

Krycek

As soon as it rains, the dirt from the roof runs down the side of the clean van and leaves black streaks. Could be useful as camouflage in a herd of Zebra in Africa :-), but I prefer the plain white paintwork.

Bucket :-)

Reply to
Bucket