Anyone know a good source for water pump O rings?

Seems a pity to ditch a perfectly good water pump just because the O ring's shot.

Reply to
Goff Deegle

the makers of the car supply them as a spare part. eg Vauxhall round one about a pound ! Japanese convoluted ones up to a tenner!

Reply to
mrcheerful

Assuming that it would fit a pattern part. It should, shouldn't it?

Reply to
Goff Deegle

I got one years ago from city seals and bearings in Sheffield ,1.37 IIRC compared to 14 quid from Toyota, same item stamp etc.

Reply to
Jules

the pattern part fits to the same engine, so can use the same gasket/o-ring. A pattern pump will usually come with the seal, but they often get removed in the car shops.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks. It turns out that Eurocarparts sell them. I'm becoming more and more convinced that Eurocarparts is a better supplier than GSF, especially when it comes to older models.

Reply to
Goff Deegle