Anyone who's going to a scrap yard over the weekend

Hi Everyone,

Could anyone who's going to a scrap yard please keep an eye out for a Hyundai Pony x2 93 L Reg or similar. Mine got broke into and they've managed to snap a part of the dash while taking the stereo. Hyundai have just informed me they no longer make them and my local scrappers don't have any. I'm pretty sure L or later will have the same and I'm guessing a years lower as well.

If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it and throw a few drinks their way.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
Adam

Why don't you go yourself?

Reply to
ABC

In message , ABC writes

What part of "and my local scrappers don't have any" escaped your attention?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Well I can go to my local ones which I am doing but I'm struggling to visit every scrap yard in the country.

Thanks

Reply to
Adam

Just because his local scrapyards don't have any, doesn't mean to say he can't use his car and look at scrapyards further afield. He could use google or yell.co.uk to search for scrapyards in the next town(s). We can all say "If anyone is going near xxxx and you see a yyyyy get one for me and I will get you a few drinks" but that's not how life works.

Reply to
ABC

The message from "ABC" contains these words:

What, and park a '93 Hyundai near a scrappy? That'd be asking for a walk home!

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Guy King writes

:)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

The message from "ABC" contains these words:

Does for me and my friends - someone here kindly sent me, at his own expense a couple of surplus central locking motors. It's unlikely that I'll send him personally anything in return, but I'll do a favour for someone else and what goes around comes around.

Reply to
Guy King

Well I'm sorry if my post made anyone else act this way, but if anyone apart from ABC notices one at a scrap yard and could let me know I'd really appreciate it, I wasn't suggesting they buy it and take it out themselves but if I know a scrap yard has one I can get it touch with them direct.

Think it would take a very long time to ring every scrap yard and as I've never seen one at my local yards I'm guessing they aren't very popular. It's not like a Ford Escort or something that every yard has.

Just a pain because there's nothing wrong with the car at all apart from this section of the dash.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
Adam

Might not be how your life works but it's known to work for those of us who aren't grumpy bastards!

Reply to
DuncanWood

There are services which effectively do this for you.

That said, my own experience of dealing with scrappies is hardly inspiring. I was after an electric door mirror for a mk 3 Cav (not exactly rare, but they do get snapped up) and got through to a guy who said (and the b/ground noise backed him up) he was in the yard itself and could see one. He took my number and promised to ring back. Never did. I think he missed out on an easy £40 on that.

Reply to
John Laird

anyone apart

themselves

direct.

popular. It's

Just as a matter of interest and to avoid duplication of effort, where are you?

Reply to
Malc

Here's a few links to keep you busy for a while:-

Ian Edwards

Clearly no-one likes you then. Can see why.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-man

John Laird ( snipped-for-privacy@laird-towers.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Mebbe he went to look, discovered it wasn't electric then got side-tracked?

Reply to
Adrian

Whatever. Lost a customer either way.

Reply to
John Laird

John Laird ( snipped-for-privacy@laird-towers.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How did he lose a customer if he didn't have the bit you wanted?

Reply to
Adrian

I wouldn't use him again anyway.

Reply to
John Laird

Anything online and related to scrap yards is a waste of time, fill in the form and someone will scour the universe for your part? Bloody likely... ;-)

I'd even avoid trying to ring a scrapyard, if it's that important I'll "dress the part" and go myself. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Bet he was gutted.