are Ford Focus cars reliable?

Are they reliable? You see loads about the place, are they worth buying?

Reply to
neutron

In news:d7g1qs$gte$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, neutron decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Yes.

You see loads about the place, are they worth

Yes.

HTH

Reply to
Pete M

Well. I'd say yes and no. There are a lot about. My sister has had three. Number on had an annoying electrical fault where for no reason at all it would simply refuse to start, just nothing. You could then go back to the car an hour later and it would start. Number two after she bought it spent a week in the garage with a fault on the air bag and something else which took them ages to find. Number three has had numerous trips to the garage for a faulty boot release and a few other little things. Personnaly I think Fords seem to be plagued by electrial faults these days which seem very had to track down.

Reply to
david.cawkwell

Interesting, thanks. I have to say I'm not impressed with the Transit, fuel pump went and screwed the engine.

Reply to
neutron

OTOH I've had one for 6 years/75,000 miles and the only electrical fault has been a failure of the vehicle speed sensor. Total cost of replacing it was about 25UKP and 45 mins work.

If you search the 'net you will find that the Focus is rated as the most reliable car in its class in a number of European countries.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

01 Focus petrol and 63k miles on it, no problems other than the well documented fuel tank sender. Regular servicing, 2 brake discs recently and 2 sets of tyres. Recommended.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..