Are Fuel Tanks Universal For Each Model?

Would anybody know please if a fuel tank for a 1984 (B reg), 2 door, manual,

3.5ltr petrol, 80 ltr fuel tank Range Rover requires a specific catalogue/parts number, or would a tank advertised just for a Classic RR be suitable? I know that some parts are not always universal, and have to adhere to a specific number.

Many thanks

Reply to
Roclive

Not sure if the Vogue EFI had a swirlpot in it or not.

Reply to
Conor

Having just had a problem with an SD1 Rover of the same age I'd say this - it likely depends on several things.

They might all physically fit.

However, with the SD1, carb models had a built in fuel pump, with feed and return orifices.

EFI models don't have a built in pump - but have a feed and return pipes.

Diesels just have a feed pipe.

Unless the correct replacement is available it's probably best to have the original repaired. Which will cost more than a replacement from the likes of Rimmers - if they have one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would say to give me a reg number or VIN, but my parts catalog only seems to go back as far as MY1986. You might need to go to a stealer and have them look it up on their paper/microfiche records to find out the right part.

Reply to
Alex Threlfall