Astra 51 Alarm, false alarm

Hi all.

The alarm on my Astra 51 sxi keeps going off without any reason. About 4 times a day.

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to lock to car without setting the alarm. I only way I have found so far is to lock all the doors from the inside and then exit from the passenger side lock the door as I go.

2) Is it possible for the dealer to tell (by plugging laptop in) which sensor is triggering the alarm.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards Den

Reply to
Den

Firstly, you can disable the ultrasonic sensors by pressing the button on the dash. If it still goes off you have an ultrasonic sensor problem.

Secondly, your best bet is get a dealer to Tech2 it. They will confirm where the problem is. it could be a faulty sensor, alarm or power sounder.

Once you know that you can decide whether or not to get them to repair it.

Reply to
Alan

If it still goes off, then it's NOT an ultrasonic sensor fault.

Tech 2 (VX diagnostic kit), will show the last 10 alarm triggers.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill