Vauxhall astra alarm problem :(

For a while i have had a problem with the factory fitted alarm to my S reg astra, when the car is parked up and ignition has been turned off, the alarm beeps four times (obviously relaying that there is a fault), but even when im driving it beeps. Also sometimes i can leave the car unlocked and not armed and the alarm goes into a series of beeps. Took my astra to Dixon's (Vauxhall) and they claimed it was the sonic sensor and charged me £90 for the part !. went ahead and let them fix it ... first night and the alarm is going off again !!! has anybody got any idea what's wrong with the %%$%**~ thing ??

Many thanks

Simon

Reply to
Simon

nope but take it back to dixons, tell them they haven't fixed it and you want all labour charges free for them to fix it. It *should* be simple for them to do..

Reply to
Mark Craft

This is a very common problem, for which a warranty bulletin was issued quite a while ago. There is a fault with the self-powered sounder which is behind the n/s/f wheel arch, which causes the beeping when the ignition is switched off.

They are obviously inept, as if the alarm goes off even without being set, then there is no way that the ultrasonic sensor can be at fault! I would go back to them, let them know that it hasn't been fixed and remind them of the siren fault. I don't think it will be covered under warranty as the bulletins were only valid for a car upto 3 years/60K miles.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt