Astra mk3 Alarm query

Hi, I have a 1997 mk3 Astra estate, that has an option fitted alarm as opposed to fitted as standard, I would like to identify this alarm & its method of operation as it is totaly different to the type as indicated in the handbook. The alarm has its led indicator & a 3 position switch, marked maual ,off & auto, located on the rt site of the steering column cowl, the sounder appears to be located on the lt engine bulkhead, the remote is a single button remote fob as a seporate unit to the key. one press of the button either unlocks the car(2 bleeps) or locks the car (1 bleep). Any clues would be welcome. TIA Chris

Reply to
Merlin's Laptop

I fitted one like you describe to my 1994 Astra, what do you want to know?

Jerry

Reply to
Jeremy Goff

It sounds like the old Vauxhall Aftermarket one. I never sold/fitted it but your local vauxhall dealer will know about it. If you pop in I am sure someone will talk you through it.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Hi Thanks for the reply,further investigation suggests its a system 90 alarm, prob a 902 with the remote module 904 I think. What I would idealy like to get hold of is a copy of the user manual for the alarm, the specific problem is that occasionally it will not respond to the remote, particularily difficult if t was previously armed & locked with the remote, as you are then have to get in with the key the alarm going & the immobiliser functioning

Chris

Reply to
Merlin's Laptop

Reply to
Merlin's Laptop

I was going to suggest replacing the battery in the remote control fob but you've done this I guess. I have a user manual and can copy it to PDF if you wish. I have had to replace a remote control fob before and my spare one is no longer functioning, I think they are still available from Vauxhall dealers. You'll need to specify the code printed inside.

Jerry

Reply to
Jeremy Goff

Jeremy, a copy of the manual would be appreciated, my email is valid by taking out the obvious & can reimburse by paypal. Thanks Chris

Reply to
Merlin©