astra air con not working

the air-con on my 1996 Astra 2l CDX stopped working suddenly on Saturday . It was working fine in the morning , when I used it iun the afternoon - nothing . I don't think it's a regass - when I put the aircon on I don't hear the compressor click in , or see any change in the revs ? Does anyone have any ideas what may be the problem / where near Bracknell I can get this fixed at a reasonable price - old car = not worth spending huge amts ? The fuse is connected to the interior fan and that seems to work ?

Reply to
glen nisbett

First bridge the Low side pressure switch wires, with the interior switch on. If the compressor kicks in, then you've sprung a leak, and lost the gas.

DO NOT run the compressor for more than 30 seconds in this state, else you'll be needing a new one!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

SPS Auto Services

81, Rushden Way, Farnham, Surrey GU9 0QQ Tel: 01252 671356

I live in Basingstoke and called this guy out last year I got first class service, he diagnosed a leaking condensor (Radiator) he supplied and fitted a new condensor for less than I could buy a condensor at trade prices.

Reply to
Sadcrab

Compressor is shut down when there is no gas left or the pressure in the system is too low, so I CAN be a leak.

Reply to
ICE