astra dashboard

My dashboard on my astra doesnt light up any more when I turn my headlights on ( speedo , rev counter etc doesnt illuminate) . Does anyone know if this would be a faulty fuse? The other things like the headlight switch below the dash and my window buttons on my door still illuminate Its an 03 astra hatchback

Reply to
tomm

"tomm" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Bulb gone, most likely.

Reply to
Adrian

Worth checking the fuses, but monyes on a light bulb... sounds like no fun removing a dash... I'd happily let a garage sort it or an auto electrician.

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

first off, (I have seen this before:) have you turned the dimmer switch to off ? this is a roller switch on the right (under the lights switch IIRC)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thank you ! I saw the dimmer when I first bought the car but forgot about it as I have never touched it. Read your post and remembered it was in for its MOT a few days ago so they must have turned it down while fiddling with the lights! So one less worry ... thanks again !

Reply to
tomm

Thus spake tomm ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

I've had this happen several times with my Astra, where I've inadvertently set the dimmer switch to minimum (which is basically 'off'). It's a rather stupid bit of poor design IMHO; it ought to at least show something at the minimum setting.

Reply to
A.Clews

its just a warm glow at max setting so god knows who feels the need to ever turn it down ??

Reply to
tomm

Thus spake tomm ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

Actually, when night driving I often turn it down because I find it distractingly bright.

Reply to
A.Clews

"tomm" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Put a new bulb in, then, because that one's damn near fooked.

Reply to
Adrian