Astra Gearbox

Hi My 2000 W reg Astra 1.4 16V is starting to give me gearbox problems.When cold, the gearbox runs fine and engages smoothly but on long runs or on very hot days, it sometimes refuses to go into any gear. If left to cool down for 5 minutes then it will select a gear again with no problems. I have bled the clutch using a a pressure kit with no change. What could be causing this? Could this be the selector turret on the gearbox binding up? Most of the time the car is fine only in the above circumstances the fault sometimes occurs! Checked gearbox oil level also. What model of gearbox is in this car? Is it a known weakness? Help this is only intermittant and starting to annoy me.

Damian

Reply to
Damian

If you *can* select gears with the engine off then the fault is in the clutch, if you still *cant* select gears with the engine off then the fault is either you have a trucked box or the wrong type of gear oil( you did say that you had checked the level).

Reply to
Mill Autos