Astra MKIV

Dear All,

I own a MKIV Astra LS 1.4 X-reg. It is a good car in general, onl having to have it's water pump replaced so far.

Of late it has a problem where by between 2500 and 3500 revs in an gear, it judders.... sometimes a lot and sometimes only a littl depending on if it's hot or not. I find that when the car is cold i.e first thing in the morning it drives beautifully without hesitation o judder, but when it warms up this juddering thing happens and it loose a bit of power (not much though, but it is noticable.)

A semi mechanical friend of mine has suggested that it may be a dodg EGR valve, which looking through your forums I would suspect as bein the case. I am just wondering if my problem would be down to this to and if anybody else has experienced this.

I have located the EGR valve in my car with the help of some diagram but am not willing to replace it unless it's an easy job... is it jus a case of ripping it out and bunging a new one in, or would it be wise for me to get Vauxhall to do it?

Any input gratefully received.

Ale

-- Kan3d

Reply to