astra running problems

Hello,

I have a 2000W Astra 1.8CDX with 75k on the clock. I have noticed that when the engine is up to temperature the car does not seem to be running smoothly. It is only slightly noticeable and it is only when doing a constant speed or light acceleration. Heavy acceleration seems to be fine.

I have taken it to my local dealer, who for £30, told me there was nothing wrong with my car as none of the sensors were failing. He then suggested drilling a hole in the throttle body casing as this is what vauxhall has suggested.(The hole already existed, it was merely to make sure there was no blockage)

Another £60 lighter and the problem has not gone away.The car starts OK when hot or cold.I'm thinking it maybe a fuel problem, but that is only an educated guess!!!!

Thanks in advance

Reply to
john Smith

I guess that when you say doesn't run smoothly, the car kangaroos slightly, and seems to hesitate?

I'd guess a faulty EGR valve. This is one of the symptoms. They aren't always picked up as faulty by the engine managment. Cleaning the EGR valve may help.

Moray

Reply to
Moray Cuthill