Auto Transmission Pug 406

Anybody know whats needed to convert a manual 406 1800 (1998) to automatic.

The engine & box are available as a unit.

I assume I also need:

1.pedal box 2.Gear shifter & centre console 3.radiator & cooling hoses 4.New ECU?

Anything else?

cheers

Ian

Reply to
ogglet

A copy of autotrader & an automatic pug 406.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Entire Engine bay wiring loom, front subframe, hubs, driveshafts also.

I'd hazard a guess that your mad to try to do this swap. It would be easier to source another car.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

That occured to me, too.

I'd have to have a seriously good reason not to just sell the manual and buy an auto.

Reply to
Guy King

ogglet ( snipped-for-privacy@hodkinsonjag.force.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A very large wallet and a serious dose of lunacy.

In the real world, wot Duncan sed.

Reply to
Adrian

A donor car, and more time than sense.