Automatics that have done a lot of towing

ISTR from the dim and distant past (40+ years ago) the advice was to avoid buying second hand automatics that had done a lot of towing. After all these years I can't recall what the reasoning was and am hoping someone can bring me up to date on this one as I'm viewing a

2003 Mercedes E270CDI auto estate tomorrow that's done a fair bit. It's current mileage is 130k miles. The owner (a keen caravaner) says he's kept on top of the maintenance and it's recently had new shocks fitted. I don't plan to do any towing with it, however. Should I be wary or avoid altogether?
Reply to
Mike McLeod