In-floor workshop lights

Building a new workshop, with a scissor lift and want some lights sunk into the floor underneath it. Any ideas or suggestions for suitable hard wearing or made for the job lights? Ta Steve

Reply to
Lmm Cams

I decided they were more trouble than they would be worth. I painted the floor light grey and have plenty of light from around and above to reflect up.

Reply to
noel-money%blueyonder.co.uk

I've seen flush lights that you can drive over and would probably survive a dropped Stillson, but I don't think they would like a dropped gearbox. Good lead lights that you can angle to get the light past supports would be my preference. (These days the 10W LED rechargeables are good enough for most things).

Reply to
newshound

Have a look on the TLC (electrical wholesaler) site. They do lights designed to go in paths etc so should be up to it. But I'd guess no matter what you do you'll end up needing a decent inspection light too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News