Well, that's that done

It was a bit of a battle but the car is back together now.

All seems to be working from my short test drive - I probably shouldn't have but for my own piece of mind I gave it 3 40mph emergency stops - enough to get the ABS to kick in.

Pulled up straight and quickly.

I'll do the fronts on when I'm on holiday in August - there's a bit of meat left on them yet.

Also did the cheapskate thing of swapping fronts that are only about 1mm from the wear markers for the almost pristine rears..... can't afford a pair of car tyres after spending a few hundred on tyres and servicing the bike before we go to France.

Reply to
SteveH

How many plasters did you need?

Reply to
Conor

Heh, not that bad, but I went through half a tub of Swarfega cleaning myself up afterwards. Had brake dust *everywhere*.

Next time, it'll go to a garage, but I doubt I'll ever need to do the rear brakes in the time I own it.

Reply to
SteveH

As usual, the Haynes BoL was useless.

'Replace caliper and tighten retaining bolts to xxNm torque'.

Not quite as easy as that.

How many grunts is a Nm?

Reply to
SteveH

New Haynes rating system?

Reply to
Depresion

About 2 short of "*Twang*, F^7king Cnut".

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Heh. Seems like I got the 'gruntage' just about right, then.

Reply to
SteveH

i've tried doing brake pads....... once........ ended in a snapped bolt in the rear caliper and a trip to my mate stuart :) sorted and carl gibbs has never mentioned any probs hehe

Reply to
Vamp