Battery

IMHO, clamp meters aren't accurate enough for this sort of low current measurement - and are pretty expensive for DC anyway.

Short out the DVM with a piece of wire until the locking has operated, then remove the wire. A jump lead in the earth will do - and its clamp to the battery will give a convenient place to clip the DVM to. Put the other end of the jump lead to a convenient chassis earth, and next the other end of the DVM to the earth lead. Then remove the jump lead to chassis after the locks have operated.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

yeah, or he could just go buy a new charger,lol. (battery charging right now, but after I strained my stomach pushing it for a bump-start. he's not at all poplar,....)

Reply to
Jackie Green

Ok thanks for that. With a reading of 12.10 it looks like I'll be needing a new battery soon.

Reply to
Mark

The message from "Mark" contains these words:

That's not unreasonable for a battery that's not being charged at that moment.

Reply to
Guy King

If it can maintain that when you turn the headlamps on it's no indication of a problem.

Reply to
DuncanWood

The message from DuncanWood contains these words:

Or possibly an indication of no problem!

Reply to
Guy King

You've never owned a nonturbo diesel landrover :-(

Reply to
DuncanWood