Best diesel mis fuelling preventer?

... apart from not being a dozy pillock. ;-)

Never done it myself but a good friend who's been driving diesels for years managed it the other days and has had a huge amount if aggro with his insurance company.

A misfuelling preventer seems like a cheap bit of insurance. Anyone got any experience? The Fuelsure seems like it will do the job for not a lot of money. Just a bit odd that the RAC have stopped marketing it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

best system is the type that are factory fitted, such as on Land-Rover.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Not a Ford by any chance?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Have the diesel pumps well away from the petrol ones as once was the case. Then those who use the correct fuel for cars won't have to step in the smelly spills.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why so? Surely a simple "No, piss off, it's your own stupid fault" - or alternatively, "Certainly, Sir, there goes your NCB and it's down as an at-fault" - isn't that much aggro?

Reply to
Adrian

I am amazed there is cover available for self inflicted wounds, do they cover for running out of oil? or burning the clutch out?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

... says a man who's never dealt with Saga insurance.

It was news to me but apparently most insurance companies will pay for work following misfuelling. Saga wanted the work done at one of their preferred garages but this would have invalidated the manufacturer's warranty (according to Volvo). Saga agreed Volvo could do work but then didn't give approval to Volvo to commence work "because they were waiting for photographs"! They didn't contact the owner or Volvo to explain why they hadn't given approval. All sorted out *eventually*.

Who needs that kind of aggro?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It all gets paid for in the end, of course, but isn't that the whole difference between FC & TPFT insurance?

Reply to
Adrian

Me too but given the cost of replacing the fuel system on a diesel car, I don't mind paying a bit extra on my insurance. A misfuelling prevention device is perhaps more important for folk who have claimed once. Dunno if insurance would pay out twice.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They're not still doing that are they? I'm sure that I read somewhere that it had been shown up for the scam it is, and stamped on.

Steve.

Reply to
shazzbat

Dunno. Given the time taken I suspect that Volvo did replace everything. I see if I can get a peek at the paperwork.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In America the petrol pumps are black and the diesel pumps are green...that must confuse the occasional tourist! Didn't one of Obama's armour-plated limos get misfuelled in 'Israel' not too long ago as a result of something similar?

Reply to
The Revd