Bit OT car cloning

My sister lives in a flat, she renewed her tax disc online, the disc never arrived as didn't lots of post for the whole block, next thing is her number plates are stolen. So someone has obviously got hold of the post somehow (post office/man) and have then come round to get the matching number plates. Post office deny anything has happened.

Police advice is to get your tax from the post office, so they are aware of the problem.

Meantime my sister's car is down as 'stop on sight' for the anpr cameras, which could get annoying. Luckily she doesn't use it too much.

And bear in mind it is just an old Vectra diesel, so not really part of a cloning for resale effort or anything. Just someone saving the cost of insurance, mot, tax and speed cameras, congestion charge, and parking fines, so a good saving for someone.

Take care out there!!!

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Bloody 'eck. What is this country coming to?

Reply to
marpate1

Fine - but they've closed my nearest one. As a result the next nearest one has long long queues. Makes no sense as the one they closed was never empty and was said to be perfectly profitable.

Having paid online it's the DVLA's responsibility to make sure you get your disc. If that means using something other than the post that's their problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't worry, they've closed a lot of the police stations, so you can't ask a policeman either.

Reply to
Elder