Bloody Focus

A dwell meter was well worth having with a points setup. It will also show up problems on the LT side of an electronic one. And show injector duration.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Baker (Pumaracing(NoEmails)@aol.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So don't use it. There's plenty of FAR better free newsreaders out there. I use x-news, others use others. I've heard superb things about Agent.

Adrian

Found On Road Dead

Reply to
Peter Hill

The advent of electronic ignition improved cars reliability a lot as they no longer had some ham fisted mechanic mess with them changing the points once a year. The advent of EFI stopped the ham fisted mechanic from messing with mixture and choke settings and doing other things that will wreck a cars running.

The number of times I've heard professional mechanics say 'mixture setting' or 'timing mate' when the problem was a duff vac advance diaphragm. Yes it upset the timing and mixture but messing with the timing and mixture was not the cure. Sadly these same mechanics are still working and still can't read the workshop manual or follow a diagnostic procedure. Just replace expensive bits randomly at your expense (well you did agree to having them fitted) until you go somewhere else.

Reply to
Peter Hill

*cough* Mr. Tea, meet Ms. Laptop!
Reply to
DervMan

Damn, I read up to here and thought, "the battery needs charge" then read on...

I need to get out more...

I have a strange fetish involving putting carbs on to the Endura-E...

Reply to
DervMan

Does that include a dizzy with points?

Reply to