electric aeriel problems

I need to remove the electric aeriel from my k reg shogun, it's on the passenger side wing.

The plan is to try and replace the mast which has become detached. The mast still has the flexible toothed strip attached to it.

Do any of you good folk know how to remove the motor etc from the wing or is it possible to feed the strip back into the motor without removing the motor?

Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
js