Bosch Wiper Blades

I have a rover 600 and I seem to get through Drivers side blades like they are goin out of fashion. I do 25k a year so I gues sthey get more use then most cars , but I am getting through a balde every 3 months

What would cause this?

I had switche dto using bosch blades but they only last the same length of time so have gone back to the £2,99 cheapies (current one 4 months old and now needs replacing)

I have checked for small chips and raised areas on windshield but all seems ok. Is there nay other reason i get through blades so quick

Reply to
Big Brian

I had the same or worse experience with Bosch and a lot of others. Bosch used to last me about 3 weeks before severe streaking began where the rubber had deformed.

I've settled on Champion (BP petrol stations sell them) at about £6 each, or if I can find them Equip were decent cheap ones that Tesco used to sell (no more though) at £3 or £4 per pair. They seem to last 1-2 yrs.

Reply to
SteveB

My experience has been different - Bosch being OK.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I use Bosch on the Sceneic whic does 12k a year no problems and have done for years . Just seems taht the rover eats them

Reply to
Big Brian

On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:43:14 GMT, I waved a wand and this message magically appeared:

Bird shit, mostly.

Reply to
Alex Buell

Had a shop around myself lately, cheap ones just don't seem to hack the british weather or incontinent birds quite as well; I find Bosch best both in terms of availability and reliability. There's some interesting info here:

I personally would like to try a few of them with 4 stars, especialy the 'best', which incidentilly is only £12 a pair, pretty good deal!

Ebay is good for wipers too, but my laziness means it's halfords or a motor factors everytime :(

Reply to
Thomas B

I've had a pair of those TP blades on the Mondeo for 6 months, and they seem ok-ish They were excellent for the first couple of weeks, now they are about the same as the (previous) Bosch ones were at the same age.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

The message from Tim S contains these words:

They used to be a few years ago, but these days they ain't up to much.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Big Brian" contains these words:

You don't live near Heathrow, do you? When we lived in Hounslow blades lasted three or four months at best - it was the fine drizzle of unburnt aviation fuel, I guess.

Reply to
Guy King

Do you clean them?

Reply to
Doki

"Big Brian" wrote in news:ovieg.77101$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

If the other car car is OK with them, I would consider a windscreen replacement. The £50 insurance kind. ;-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray