brake bleeder nipple ceased

I've been following this thread with some confusion. What exactly has this bleed nipple ceased to do?

Reply to
Dave Baker

Why should this be more of a problem with the MK4 Astra than any other car?

Reply to
Redwood

The message from "Dave Baker" contains these words:

Turn. To quote Mr. No Punctuation...

"i cant bleed the brakes as the nipple is rusted solid and i rounded the nut trying to loosen it is there any other way of bleeding the breaks thanks"

Reply to
Guy King

It has ceased undoing, it is an ex turning thing, it has ceased to be. If it wasn't stuck in a hole it would have gawn to meet it's maker.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

or even 'its maker'.

Reply to
Dave Baker

gnash, gnash

Reply to
MrCheerful

I could never remember how it worked until I found the Usenet group alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe

Now it seems much clearer..

Reply to
PC Paul

The message from PC Paul contains these words:

I've pulled my son's headmistress up on this several times - including this morning.

Reply to
Guy King

When I punted out major errors in a school presentation, my son's headmaster told me 'that correct spelling and grammar were not important anymore'

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Curse that spill chucker and my failing eyesight, that should read 'pointed out'

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

The message from "MrCheerful" contains these words:

Neither of our heads (split infant/junior school, I've a kid on each) would dare say such a thing, particularly to a governor!

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "MrCheerful" contains these words:

I thought punted out was rather good. Anyway, it's axiomatic that spelling/grammar flames have to contain at least one solipsism[1].

[1] That was my solecism for the day.
Reply to
Guy King

Try here:

asahartz

I certainly don't know of 'many' cars with a cap sealed by a diaphragm. In fact I don't know of any. I've seen some with a neoprene 'gasket' in the cap. But that's all it was. It didn't seal the reservoir. The only master cylinder reservoir I've seen, where any attempt is made to reduce the hygroscopic effect of humidity on the fluid in the reservoir, was on the m/c fitted to a Toyota Celica GT4 I had once, which had a round plastic float slightly smaller in diameter, than the inside diameter of the reservoir. Cheap but effective IMO. Not that I think water absorbtion is a problem, provided the fluid is changed every 2 years or sooner. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Presumably ceased to turn when spanner applied!

Reply to
Hooch

Or vice-versa perhaps?

Reply to
Dave Baker
[...]

Which ones, out of interest?

I've not seen a car master cylinder that is like that, although motor cycle ones are.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks for all the good advise and for some laughs from some of you . in my humble opinion Mr Cheerful has always been of some help on these boards ,so i personally don't give a stuff if he is a tax man or a mechanic ,he is helpful to most

Reply to
rafa