brake bleeding

I Have overhauled the complete brake system on my Cortina based kit-car.There is a bleed valve/nipple on only one of the two rear wheel cylinders, one line in from master cylinder, and the second being a line out to the opposite wheel, which has the nipple. I guess this is normal huh? As I have pretty well drained /pumped out all the old fluid, what is the generally recommended method of refilling and bleeding, IE which wheel to start with, and how do ya know when all air is out of every line etc. Sorry for being basic, but its 20 years since I fiddled with cars, having driven company vehicles until recent v early retirement. TYIA

Reply to
Timbo

Start by filling the reservoir and then open any bleed nipple you fancy till fluid falls out, repeat on all other nipples. Keep checking there is fluid in the master cylinder. With an assistant or by yourself using a tube, start at the furthest nipple from the master cylinder and bleed each brake in turn using the brake pedal until no bubbles come out. The pedal should now feel good, if not then repeat till it is.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Bleed the wheel the furtherest away from the master cylinder and progress the nearest.... Use a pipe into a bottle with a small amount of fluid in it

JK

Reply to
JK