Series Clutch Bleeding

I suppose a little bit of tubing on the nipple may do the job. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Hi All I recently got a drip on my foot and took out and overhauled my master cylinder for the clutch. When I bled the slave I noted that the cylinder was installed with the bleed nipple at the bottom of the cylinder i.e. below the incoming pipe. I tried to bleed as per manual and even let out air at the outlet of the master cylinder and at the pipe entering the slave. Still no luck - spongy as hell. So I tried swapping the complete slave cylinder by rotating 180 deg and bleeds fine but access to nipple a bit tight and plenty break fluid in left eyeball. Was my cylinder in wrong from before or is there a way to bleed with bleed nipple at bottom of slave cylinder? Any advise before I burn out my right eye. Thanks James RSA

Reply to
jamsan

You are right, it was wrong. The nipple has to be at the top, so that air can gather there before being expelled.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd