Brake noise from Primera P11 1998

Every now and then - usually on the motorway - my Primera's left front brake starts making a kind of scraping/clicking noise as if somethings caught. Today I pulled off to the services and the front wheel and hub was pretty hot as if the brake had been binding. After starting off again it was ok and has been ever since! Checked a couple of times and no more noise.

Anyone have experience of this or point me in the right direction?

Reply to
Bluefrog