Broken down

Mrcheerful used his keyboard to write :

Why not just teach him to use the WOT?

You do not even need to get out of the car to use it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

for some reason it doesn't work on his car, it was the first thing I tried. I guess that the system is a bit primitive amd coupled with it now being 15 years old it just doesn't go, I did try myself, but the only way was to pull the fuse. In any case on a fiesta the fuse box is easily reached while seated in the drinver's seat. He has got better about leaving it running, once he understood the quirks of the system a little.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I was interested to read your post about these WOTs. Do all cars these days have them?

My car handbook actually suggests flooring the throttle if the car doesn't start so I suspected its computer took that as some kind of hint that you were trying to start a flooded engine, but it didn't say exactly how it worked-- but then it wouldn't because it's not written in that style.

Reply to
Ben C

Ben C was thinking very hard :

If they have an ECU, then probably yes.

That is using the WOT.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yup. Unless you fix whatevers faulty then it slowly gets worse & you need more of it. Unless you're in Pery in which case you just need it :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood